Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
As per Industry Standards
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Apr 05, 2018
Job Posting Date:
Dec 05, 2017
Patient Educator job vacancy at Cleveland Clinic in Abu Dhabi.
This position is responsible for providing individualized and small group patient education as well as planning for and providing family educational activities according to the Scope of Practice of a registered nurse.
- Provide Patient and Family Centered Education according to the patient’s individual learning needs
- Utilizes the patient education module in EPIC to document assessment data, educational goals, learning objectives and educational material taught to patients and their families
- Provides education interventions that utilize primarily interactive, collaborative, skill-based training methods and maximizes the use of interactive training methods
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services in a standardized and consistent manner
- Utilizes a collaborative approach to the development, implementation and evaluation of patient education
- Identifies when patient or family needs are outside the scope of the educator’s practice and expertise and arranges for additional services as needed
- Participates where necessary in the development and review of all patient education training materials
- Engages all relevant stakeholders in the development and revision of patient education materials
- Coordinates clinically focused patient education programs for patient groups
- Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of community based educational programs
- Identifies effective methods for remaining up to date with best practice information regarding pertinent disease processes
- Demonstrates the ability to develop a collaborative, therapeutic alliance with individuals
- Participates in program evaluation processes and quality improvement programs
- Minimum of two (2) years clinical experience post qualification as a registered nurse, pharmacist or health education/health sciences/teaching with a high interest in patient education.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to speak and write in both English and Arabic is required
- Bachelor’s degree in any Healthcare Science field (Nursing, Pharmacy, Health Education, etc.. (minimum three (3) year curriculum) from an accredited program is required.
All employees will embrace the CCAD mission, vision and values and be responsible for adhering to the core values of the institution, including: Patient’s First, Collaboration, Mutual Respect, Quality, Patient Safety, Integrity, Cultural Sensitivity and Compassion.
All employees are also expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organization-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position.
Customer Service Orientation includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner. Adaptability including teamwork, flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities, adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback. Efficiency and Effectivenessincludes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully. Essential Job Requirements includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures and guidelines affecting the work environment, as well as maintenance of required competencies and communication skills. Managerial Responsibilities includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements and budgetary constraints.
The responsibilities described on this job description are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. These statements are not intended to be exhaustive of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills and abilities required of employees in the position.
Final determination of a candidate’s qualifications and eligibility to perform the job is at the sole discretion and judgment of the institute/department executive leadership.